DIG Report – Spring 2020
Over the past few months, PKP’s Documentation Interest Group (DIG) has been largely focused on two key areas: updates to documentation for Open Journal Systems (OJS) 3.2 and translation workflows. Our thanks to documentation sprinters and contributors for their ongoing work and support.
- Learning OMP 3, a new guide to using Open Monograph Press;
- Learning OJS 3.2, including a new “Production and Publication” chapter;
- Updates to the translating guide to reflect new ways to translate PKP software;
- Updates to guidelines for documentation contributors; and
- A Spanish translation of the OJS 2 to 3 upgrading guide, contributed by Jordi Lacruz and Marc Bria from Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB).
Stay tuned for the release of these exciting DIG projects later this year:
- We’re testing GitLocalize as a translation tool for PKP documentation. Watch for more information and an invitation to translators interested in getting involved.
- Google Scholar has joined us to create an indexing guide for OJS.
- In coordination with PKP’s new Accessibility Interest Group, we’re writing guidance to help journal editors create accessible content.
- Learning OMP 3.2, an update to our OMP 3 guide, will be available in July 2020.