Heidelberg Sprint 2018
Ready to sprint? We’re getting ready for another PKP sprint, this time in fabulous Heidelberg, Germany. The sprint will run from Thursday, September 20 through Friday, September 21, 2018. We are extremely grateful to our local host, the University of Heidelberg and look forward to meeting more friends from the German OJS network and elsewhere. You can read more about their activities here.
Heidelberg University Library
As always, we’ll run it unconference-style, with topics proposed by the group. In particular, we’ll be focusing on OJS 3.1, hacking in experimental features, building documentation, and exploring the new software. Much of this work will be technical in nature, but there will be opportunities for non-technical contributors.
|Thursday, September 20 (note: all times in GMT+2)|
|12pm-1pm||Welcome and lunch|
|1pm-2:30pm||Introduction and planning|
|Friday, September 21|
|9am – 9:15am||Questions, Discussion|
|2:30pm-3pm||Team Reports / Wrapup|
- Ease of plugin development, testing and documentation
- Server infrastructure (docker)
- Translation tools
- Editorial Workflow, UI/UX, email notifications
- Rewarding reviewers using OJS & ORCID
- Watermarking PDFs
- Technical & Non-technical Translation Workflows; Translator Documentation; Translating Documentation; Translation Review
- XML Workflow, metypeset
- Import plugin for different bibliographic databases : zotero, zitavi etc. , mini capture-plugin instead of google capture due to GPRS
- Plugin testing, management and release processes
- Dead code hunt
Remember to suggest your own topics of interest when you register!
Registration is now full, but contact Kevin to be placed on the waiting list.
PKP is grateful to the Heidelberg University for taking care of all of the local arrangements. We couldn’t do it without you!