Open Monograph Press is an open source software platform for managing and publishing scholarly books. It can be used for managing the editorial workflow required to see monographs, edited volumes and, scholarly editions through internal and external review, editing, cataloguing, production, and publication. OMP can operate, as well, as a press website with catalog, distribution, and sales capacities.
Among the many features of OMP is its ability to…
- Handle edited volumes, with different authors for each chapter;
- Involve editors, authors, reviewers, designers, indexers, and others in book production;
- See submission through multiple rounds of both internal and external reviews;
- Utilize industry standard ONIX for bookseller metadata requirements (e.g., Amazon);
- Create document libraries for submissions, recording contracts, permissions, etc.;
- Handle thumbnail covers in Catalog, as well as Spotlight features.
OMP is free and open source software released under the open source GPL v2 license, and you are free to download, use, and modify it at no charge.
PKP Publishing Services also offers a fee-based service which provides the installation and hosting of OMP, as well as performing daily backups of your data, applying security patches and upgrades, and priority answering your support questions. All revenue generated by the hosting service goes into developing PKP software and supporting the Public Knowledge Project.