Journals Publishing with Open Journal Systems (OJS) by Year and Region
This map shows journals using Open Journal Systems (OJS)
available online sometime in the past 30 days. Each year only shows journals with at least 5 published articles
in that year. The numbers do not
represent the rate of adoption (many journals only upload
back issues without publishing any current content, skip a year, or go offline).
- URLs for installations were found by tracking referrer addresses in the PKP website log left by the OJS beacon feature.
Since inclusion in the OJS beacon is an opt-in feature, some journals will be excluded and not reflected in the data.
- Region totals refer to journals, not installations.
- Journals are counted for any given year if they have at least 5 articles published that year. Any
journal not meeting this criteria is not included in these numbers.
- Journal content was found using the OAI PMH API.
- Country of origin of a journal is determined as follows (in order of preference): by looking at the ISSN of a journal, its top-level domain, or by GeoIP lookup of IP address.
This method has its limitations and is known to be skewed towards the location of hosting servers.