Coalition Publica 2021 Call for Proposals – Big Data
Coalition Publica is pleased to announce the 2021 Call for Proposals – Big Data. Non-commercial research projects in the digital humanities are invited to apply for access to the largest digital research corpus of Canadian full text periodicals available.
As part of our participation in Coalition Publica, and in collaboration with Érudit, Compute Canada, and heritage institutions across Canada, the Public Knowledge Project contributes to the development and operation of a vast collection of digitized periodicals for text mining and analysis. The corpora of this research repository is available in full text and may be used for research projects in digital humanities or that leverage digital toolsets.
The 2021 Call for Proposals encourages the realization of scholarly and non-commercial research projects based on this unique collection, including the following corpora:
- Complete collection of cultural and scholarly journals disseminated on the erudit.org platform
- The Canada Gazette, the official newspaper of the Government of Canada, Library and Archives Canada
- Journal des débats of Quebec’s National Assembly, Bibliothèque de l’Assemblée nationale du Québec
- The Héritage project/Canadiana, Canadian Research Knowledge Network
- Quebec journals, magazines and newspapers, Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec
Priority will be given to research requests received before March 31, 2021. To learn more, and to apply for access, please visit the Coalition Publica website: https://www.coalition-publi.ca/services-researchers.