The PKP Index is in Production!
We are pleased to announce the full production launch of the PKP Index:
The PKP index has been in beta mode since October and during the past few months we have been selectively adding content to ensure everything was working properly. During that time, the index has grown rapidly and already contains over 60,000 items from more than 200 different sources.
Using PKP’s Open Harvester System (OHS) software, the PKP Index is open to all journals, proceedings, or monographs using OJS, OCS, or OMP. Our goals are to:
- Provide a showcase of journals and monographs using our software
- Provide an opportunity for new publications to be indexed
- Build a multidisciplinary, international research database of open content
To be eligible to join, you must be using OJS, OCS, or OMP to publish, and you must have published at least one article, proceeding, or chapter. Additional terms and conditions are provided from the registration page.
To sign up, follow these steps:
- Go to the PKP Index Registration page
- Create an account
- Log in using your new username and password
- Select your role as a Publication Manager
- Select the Add Publication link (Note: “publications” can be journals, conferences, or presses)
- Complete Step 1 and Step 2 on the publication form and hit the Save button
- Repeat for each publication you with to include in the PKP Index
All registered publications must be manually reviewed and activated by our staff, so please allow at least 2-3 business days for processing.
Note that each submitted publication must include at least one published item. Any new journals, conference proceedings, or books you may create in the future can also be submitted to the PKP Index for review and inclusion.
We hope you find the PKP Index a useful service for your publishing activities. If you have any questions, please let us know.