User Interface / User Experience Process
PKP has been developing user interfaces for over a decade, but is now implementing a more formal process that will involve greater user involvement. This page is the landing page for information on that evolving process, including an archive of past documents and discussions. Please make use of the "discussion" pages on this wiki to track concepts and decisions throughout the process.
Throughout the UI/UX process, there are a few key issues that need to be kept in mind:
- Multilingual: Any UI changes need to work in a multilingual environment.
- Workflow: the journal setup, editorial, review, etc. processes.
- Themeable: PKP software has been designed to allow users to adopt their own "look and feel", and any UI changes need to accommodate this.
- Common library: PKP software now makes use of an extensive web application library, meaning that changes in many UI elements for one application (i.e., OMP) will also impact all other applications (i.e., OJS, OCS, OHS).
- PKP: Kevin Stranack
- OCS UI/UX (deferred until after OJS/OMP work)
- OHS UI/UX (deferred until after OJS/OMP work)