Tech Committee Meeting Minutes 3 June 2014
Alec, Kevin, Bartek, Bozana, Brian, Clinton, Jason, Marc
- OJS 2.4.4-1 released
- OCS 2.3.6 released
- Continuing refinement of commit, code review, UI/UX process and prototyping tools (not sure if OpenShift performs reliably enough)
- UPitt (Brian, Clinton)
- Migrating to github.com for coding is progressing well
- Hiring a developer (see support forum)
- Will be working more with OMP
- Objects For Review included in OJS 2.4.4-1; will continue to refine
- mOJO improvements
UI/UX update (Kevin)
GPLv2 vs GPLv3 (Alec)
Identified some license incompatibilities as we're using GPLv2 for our code and including a mixture of other licenses e.g. for libraries. Cannot simply move to GPLv3 because it's in turn compatible with GPLv2 and at least one tool (plupload) has opted to stay with GPLv2. Continuing research.
July 8th, normal time; Alec will try to put together a wiki agenda a week beforehand. No news on replacement chair; Alec will inquire.