Difference between revisions of "Tech Committee Meeting Minutes 2 Oct 2013"
From PKP Wiki
(Created page with "'''Present''': Alec S, Brian G, Marc B, Rachael H, Jason N, Barbara H, James M, Bartek K == Round of Updates == *PKP: **OJS 3.0a maintained stable for UI/UX review **OMP ...")
Latest revision as of 11:21, 13 November 2013
Present: Alec S, Brian G, Marc B, Rachael H, Jason N, Barbara H, James M, Bartek K
Round of Updates
- OJS 3.0a maintained stable for UI/UX review
- OMP 1.1 coming up in December; import/export, expedited submission, stats
- OJS 3.0b will be rescheduled to incorporate UI/UX feedback
- OJS 2.4.3 will be released soon with stats rewrite and many small fixes
- Jason working on git documentation for Brian/Pitt to review
- James: Hired a familiar face to work primarily on hosting, but also some documentation and support duties. Part time
- Working to get a developer for one hosted client.
- Working with Kevin on documentation.
- Ongoing contact with Brian H
- OMP work: naming and domain for production site necessary for launch
- Rachael communicating with Vanessa on test data and UI/UX testing
- Vanessa working with external institutions re: Dataverse testing in December
- Marc Bria / UAB
- Marc has found a couple of developers interested in contributing to templating/theming
- Theming is a common first point of interaction for developers; important to get right
- Rachael speaking with several intitutions; collecting representation for broad variety of uses/configurations
- Recruiting editors, authors, reviewers
- Hope to bring feedback to various committees in December
- Alec offers to tackle minor development if it would help avoid pain points; Rachael will send one.
- Rachael working with Bruno on dashboard refinement
- Barbara: Helping Rachael with UI/UX support; waiting for some data; local support
- Bart: Nothing much to report; migrated an OMP install onto OCUL servers
Update on commitments made in August
- James talking with [redacted]. Continued. Need to consider further, perhaps talk with Brian & Kevin. Code may need refinement.
- Alec is happy to review code even if it's at early stages
- Have some plugin code from Juan to potentially pass along for refinement
- [potential partnership with X]: MOU finally out of legal
- Alec: UI/UX installation: Setup completed. Barbara has access.
- Brian O: Following up leads. Likely ongoing.
- Member interests document: Some information filled in. More to do.
- Next meeting: each partner can say a few words about their interests that we can turn into potential work items.
- Jason: github documentation. Work with Brian. Underway; nothing shared yet.
- Brian O: Volunteered to take some items to the other committees; Barbara will follow up
- Alec: Committed to asking Marc about multi-journal training structure.
- Marc enthusiastic. Next meeting might be good opportunity.
- Mark likes hangouts.
- Hangouts: we hit participant limits before; not sure if they're still the same
- Barbara: Readytalk is available. Marc: Can't share screen with Linux.
- Alec will double-check limits on Google Hangouts.
- Marc: 20 minutes or half an hour would probably be enough.
Community feedback document
- Alec commits to reviewing the document for high-level goals.
- As above in updates section
- Thursday Nov 14th, 9am