Tech Committee Meeting Minutes 29 September 2015
From PKP Wiki
Alec, Bozana, Dulip, Marc, Marco, James
- Translations: Doing OMP es_ES & ca_ES update and packaging. Git commit before 2nd Oct.
- Engage Spanish PKP university community: Very interested in building a regional ALM shared server (to be started with the new year).
- Developing resources for the new course for our university OJS-newcomers (for 15th Oct).
- Pedagogy with our managers to let them understand that PKP project "is free software BUT need financial support".
- Data privacy for statistics plug-in (OJS and OMP stable): better/correct salt management and information for the users
- Shariff plugin for OJS (s. https://github.com/ojsde/shariff): social media buttons without compromising the privacy of website users, using Shariff (https://github.com/heiseonline/shariff) solution
- Automatic DataCite DOI registration using cron job or Acron plugin
- Default translation plug-in: display English texts instead of ##...##
- Small fixes
- Clinton (in absentia)
- Was really hoping to get COUNTER refactoring into 2.4.7, but Bruno pointed out an oversight in my PR and I'm out all this week, so that's unlikely to happen.
- Working on cleanup of the VTUL EZID plugin, especially getting it talking to the existing DOI Pub ID settings. The inheritance needs a bit of cleanup: EZID clones Crossref is a symlink of Datacite extends DOIExport, which doesn't exist independently. !#!%?
- The above work makes me wonder again about amending license language for "GPL 2.0 or later". With EzidDOI as an example, if I look at the git commit history for the Crossref plugin, does that give an authoritative list of authorship (and thus a contact group to assent to a license change?)
- Hey, it's quiet out here on the PKP Network Discussion Paper!
Release Progress (Alec)
- OJS 2.4.7: 11 issues open, many of these likely to be deferred: https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/milestones/OJS%202.4.7
- OJS 3.0
- Working on task-based workflow proposal, which is looking like it'll be out of scope for OJS 3.0
- Actively testing and developing
- OMP 1.2
- UI/UX changes for OJS 3.0b ported to OMP. Tests fixed. Master branch works again.
- Release planned for Q4. Actively testing and developing, particularly with one high profile user. Will involve FUB and Heidelberg shortly.
- Upgrade scripts in progress, including migration of old proof/copyediting processes to discussion tool.
UI/UX (Alec / Kevin)
- Ongoing: Nate's task-based workflow proposal
PKP Conference / Sprint
- PKP Network Discussion paper
- Last conference details wrapped up (finances etc).
- Big thanks to everyone who participated in the sprint and conference.
- When do we call a translation "complete"?
- Renaming locales: English names vs translated names
- overview of existing translations across applications
- English locale