Tech Committee Meeting Minutes 29 August 2017
From PKP Wiki
- Alec, Clinton, Alex, Kenton, Marco, Svantje
- Question of the Month: What PKP products are you using, and for how long?
- Clinton: OJS (mostly 2.x; soon to launch first 3.0); OMP (1 book). OCS decommissioned. Just starting OTS stack.
- Alec: We use all apps, obviously -- notably OHS for the PKP index. Moving apps to OJS 3, which requires some server environment gymnastics.
- Alex: OJS (2.x to 3.x upgrade); now OMP for pilot project.
- Kenton: OJS for over 10 years; 40 journals. Offer free hosting for Canadian journals. Still on 2.x, hoping to move to 3.x this fall. EZID is a holdout. Used to run OCS but that has been decommissioned. Hoping to get into OMP soonish.
- Marco: OJS for 9 years; translation as major recent (ongoing) contribution. Still primarily OJS 2.x but quite comfortable with OJS 3.x. Experimenting with harvester. Following XML parsing tools with interest.
- Svantje: FU Berlin uses OJS since 2006; more recently OMP. Several pilot projects.
- Huge thanks, everyone! Biggest group yet, very successful and smooth.
- Alec/Kevin will be in touch soon to "encourage" team leads to write up blog posts.
- Very few remote participants. Need to continue considering tools.
- OJS 3.1 just scheduled for October 20th. Locale freeze begins September 22.
- Bozana just finished coding Section Editor recommendations, one of the big requests.
- OJS 3.1 will include a lot of new dependencies (Slim, vue.js, etc.), so watch your server environment.
- OJS 2.4.9: NTR.
- Spanish translation updated (thanks Marc and Jordi)
- Russian continuously updated
- will take another look at German
- problems with conflicting translations
- cannot put that much work into manually uploading & merging, need to refer people to GitHub
- after OJS3 release: have to think about changes to workflow (technical), but also organizational (locale maintainers, more frequent updates, strong partners)
- alignment of OJS, OMP release dates: need to coordinate translators (when different for OJS and OMP)
- OMP, OJS2, OCS: no updates