Tech Committee Meeting Minutes 25 July 2017
From PKP Wiki
- Alec (PKP)
- OJS 3.1 release delayed (Alec)
- Travis testing upgraded to new Trusty image to work around PHP version mismatch/weird performance quirk
- Subscriptions partially merged (administration back-end); work on business logic/front end continues
- New release date will be established shortly.
Tech Committee Chair
- two possibly colliding Ukrainian translations for OJS3
- Spanish translation of OJS3 done (AFAIK)
- German, Russian up to date
- update on release date for OJS3?
- Portuguese (pt_PT) translation just came in
- Czech translation awaiting final merge (https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/issues/2605)
- see GitHub issues
- offer for an Arabic translation of OMP
- Sprint (Alec)
- Expecting a larger group than usual; we may split into two rooms
- Email with shared document went out yesterday; Slack invites in progress
- PKP team may not be large enough to place a member in each group as usual; please consider yourselves ambassadors!
Extending metadata schemes (Dulip)
- Alternative titles, Title-transliterations for journal articles (for languages not specified in ojs 3)
- Is it already possible, without adding a dummy language ? if not what would be the best-strategy advice ?
- Something like writing a plugin to extend submission_settings / metadata_descriptions ?
- planned approach: insert changes after release of 3.1
- plugins need to be adopted (https://github.com/lilients/ojs/projects/1) - how to manage?
- inform developer at conference
- approach: update old plugin to OJS 3, maybe add: browsing (by tags, etc.), search by section, etc.