Tech Committee Meeting Minutes 23 September 2014
Present: Alec, Jason, Bartek, Bozana, Brian, Clinton, Kevin, Jeannette
- Joined us last week, has offered to join the tech committee next month, and will chair. Will not attend the sprint, however.
- Working on the static pages plugin
- Discussing with Heidelberg changes around edited volumes within OMP. Changing the way entities are sourced for OAI, mainly due to the demand to sell chapters instead of whole books.
- Working with OMP, customization work. Integration with Book reader, etc.
- Hosting work, helping U of T migrate and upgrade their OJS from 2.3.x to 2.4.5. A lot of customization work to migrate.
- Brian and Clinton
- Met with PLUM analytics partners, put in contact with the folks at SUSHI lite, will start code shortly, probably after the sprint and AGM.
- Clinton has started using 2.4.5, found a few bugs re: stats and custom theme.
- UIUX work, see below.
- Working on OMP 1.1.1 bugs
- Customization work for AAA
- Metapress XML import into OJS 2.4.x
- OJS 2.4.5
- Released September 17
- Good download numbers, over 500 in a few days.
No medium impact bugs reported yet. Quite pleased. New functionality: LOCKSS PLN plugin, CrossRef work, statistics improvements, testing framework
- OMP 1.1.1
- scheduled for October. Possibly November.
- OJS 3.0beta
- Soliciting feedback on the copyediting process. Quite confident that a release for the beta will happen in 2015.
PKP Development Sprint
- October 1 and 2, in Vancouver.
- Registrations figured out. Smaller group than what we had in the sprint. Full PKP team is attending, a number of universities attending. We will try to make something work for remote participants. UIUX, reader interfaces, some testing work, a few other interesting topics from the survey.
- The AGM happens on Oct 3. Hoping to find a way to include the tech committee, but the meeting is in the afternoon which may make European involvement difficult. Will send out agenda beforehand for comments.
- recent focus has been on the copyediting workflow
- experimenting with an internal discussion format
- did some user testing with wireframes, made some revisions
- doing another round with revised wireframes, looking for volunteers
- AGM sprint, review UX work to date
- AGM sprint, analysis of reader interfaces, developing set of best practices for OJS 3 / OMP
Automated Testing (Alec)
Includes basic test suite in place (data build, unit, functional, plugin)
- Working on data definition
OMP / OJS Master
Will additionally need to consider testing framework for plugins managed in separate repositories.
Git changes & documentation
- ojs-stable-2_4 branch renamed to ojs-dev-2_4
- Introduced new production-ready ojs-stable-2_4_5 branch
- Using github.com to manage recommended patches for future releases
- Still need to review/fix git documentation on wiki.
- October 28th, 9 am PST.