Tech Committee Meeting Minutes 21 February 2017
From PKP Wiki
- (Dulip) Presentation of JATS-based,Lens viewer in OJS3 in OJS Networking conference, in FU Berlin and a small introduction to the upcoming XML-Editor, texture. , New project : Latex to Jats XML link
- Plugin Gallery starting to populate (OJS 3.0.2+) - Alec
- Hypothes.is, COinS (Zotero), QuickSubmit, Piwik, Manuscript theme
- Adding soon: Translator plugin
- Please consider contributing your own to this!
- Potential new TC member (Alec)
- University of Pittsburgh (Clinton)
- What I want to be doing: Refactoring plugins to distinguish contexts (https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/issues/1923)
- What I'm actually doing: loading discontinued journals into OJS3.
- Question: do we have an official stance on non-editorial use of OJS?
Release Progress (Alec)
- OJS 3.0.2 out and stable
- Still working with one upgrade issue: http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca/t/upgrade-from-ojs-2-4-7-to-3-0-1-fails/27716
- OMP 3.1 due for release March 1st: https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/milestone/17
- OJS 3.1 planned for May 1st: https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/milestone/21
- OMP and OJS Releases should be synchronized thereafter.
- Chris questions:
- 3.x still checks for 2.x updates. In the future, providing more sophisticated update guidance might make sense.
- We aren’t providing patch updates for 3.0.x. The policy is that git is preferable—but in that case, we should much more strongly encourage users to install from git in the first place.
- Lots of work being merged on the OJS 3.x line. Thanks, translators! Thanks, Marco!
- See mailing list discussion re: Gitbook
- Upcoming testing round with U of A on OJS pre-3.1.
- Alec will set 3.0.2 as the "current" release for the purposes of the version check.
- Alec will expedite the next 2.4.x release (in part for the upcoming Crossref URL change).
- Patches, git and upgrade documentation. Suggest reviewing with a naive eye.
- Sprint (Alec)
- mOJO (Marc): 
- What is the current state of container-based hosting e.g. for Drupal?
- Do OJS 3.x improvements decrease the number of customizations required (e.g. theming)?
- What kind of modifications are still being done?
- Suggest circulating via mailing list.
- March 21st, 9:00am Vancouver time