Tech Committee Meeting Minutes 19 May 2015
From PKP Wiki
Alec Smecher, Bozana Bokan, Clinton Graham, James MacGregor, Jeanette Hatherill, Kevin Stranach
- PKP (Alec):
- Heavy development on OJS pre-3.0 beta (see UI/UX)
- Hiring for XML parsing project -- pass along any contacts, please!
- Pitt ULS (Clinton)
- Just getting back into SUSHI-Lite testing/development
- Planning OJS 2.4.6 updates when 2.4.6-1 is released
- CeDiS, Freie Universität Berlin (Bozana)
- Import and indexing performance: 80 issues (ca. 4000 digitalized articles) last forever :-(
- Still working on protection of privacy data
- Edition Romiosini in OMP in June/July
- Marco and Bozana: default translation plug-in
- Felix: open bibliographic data (s. https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/issues/503)
Release Progress (Alec)
- Resourcing setback: Jason overemployed; may affect OJS 3.0b feature target, and OMP 1.2 release date. Sticking with August for OJS 3.0b release.
- OJS 2.4.x: See Release Automation, below.
- OMP 1.1.1-1: Generally satisfactory. Features coded but not yet released are starting to stack up (for OMP 1.2).
UI/UX (Alec / Kevin)
- Progress on copyediting workflow (Alec)
- Looking at a stronger separation between workflow (internal view) and reader (external view) interface (see early design sketch)
- Profile/registration cleanup (Alec)
- Plugin gallery (Alec)
- Dashboard rewrite (Bruno)
- Scoping and design for reader interface (Kevin)
Release Automation (Alec)
Basically ready to try this for OJS 2.4.6-1. No major bugs in OJS 2.4.6 yet, though one annoying one affecting subscription (type) creation.
- We've received and merged a complete OJS translation into Arabic. This required linking to a CSS file for right-to-left languages.
- I am still interested in using gitbook for documentation and internal help files and will be available for any thought-sharing on that matter (generally and regarding translation options).
- I am preparing some kind of internal review of existing locales and want to get in touch with translators about completing translations and fixing errors.
- Gitbook documentation to replace internal application help files
- supports multiple versions, multiple languages
- basis for spin-off documentation (e.g., detailed user manuals, etc.)
Community Forum (Alec/Kevin)
- Some spam appearing; annoying but not prohibitive
- Recently added tagging plugin for OJS/OMP/OCS/OHS
- Added a FAQ area and will begin populating it, hopefully permitting the removal of various scattered/poorly-maintained FAQs elsewhere
- June 23, 2015 / 9am Pacific