Tech Committee Meeting Minutes 16 August 2016
From PKP Wiki
- Progress on OMP Python-Frontend: citeproc-js intergration, expand meTypeset
- Intergration-tests for latex ( latex -> TEI XML -> JATS XML ) into the book publishing workflow. 
- OMP tests, OAI interface
Email / SPF redux (Clinton)
- Recent/pending changes at some big providers may necessitate a reversion in OJS 2.4.8-1's email behavior: https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/issues/1723
- Gmail (for example) states: "All unauthenticated messages from these [eBay, Paypal, and Google] domains will be immediately sent to the spam folder."
- Email may pass SPF, but still fail DKIM and DMARC
- DKIM should not affect the product (probably?)
- DMARC may affect the product - testing workaround via https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/issues/1723
- Currently satisfies DMARC, but still sometimes gets spamtrapped in Gmail testing
- DKIM setup passing, with DMARC failing, may be a viable fix. Clinton investigating.
- James will follow up w/PKP about whether we're sending DKIM-signed or DMARC-compatible email.
- Alec can review the patch once complete.
- Possible DKIM check tool: http://mxtoolbox.com/dkim.aspx
Release Progress (Alec)
- OJS 3.0
- Scheduled for August 31st
- Crucial work: upgrade scripts and plugin work
- OJS 2.4.8-1
- Released August 3rd
Help / Manuals (Kevin/Alec)
- Internal help files: lots of changes still, so will need some cleanup before release.
- Same with email templates, esp. those that have instructions.
Documentation Interest Group:
- Lots of volunteeers.
- First meeting: August 31, 7am PDT.
- Lots to do, more and less technical.
Translation (James/Alec on behalf of Marco)
- German, Spanish, Portuguese, and hopefully French will be available for 3.0.
- No firm locale freeze for release.
- In the future: maybe treat translations like plugins, so they are managed outside of the main repo, so they can be managed/translated separately (incl. post-release).
- Over the past 8 months we've tested on: registration; submission; review; copyediting; layout.
- Special thanks to Sonia Bentz and University of Alberta for leading these.
- We have a graphic designer to develop a new theme for OJS 3; hoping that it'll be there for release.
- Putting together an OJS 3 early adopters group.
- If you know of anyone who is really interested in OJS 3, and would want to do some upgrade testing, let us know.
- Reconnect with OMP 1.1 early adopters to move them to OMP 1.2.
- Will put together an XML typesetting early adopters group as well.
- Blog post out already. Please register! We'll also be canvassing for topics.
- Sept. 13, 9am PDT.