Tech Committee Meeting Minutes 13 September 2016
From PKP Wiki
AS, CF, CG, JH, KS, MB, MT, CM
Release Progress (Alec)
- OJS 3.0 released!
- Thanks and congratulations, everyone.
- Next milestones: 3.0.1 (soon), 3.1 (not quite as soon), 3.2 (later)
- Issues being allocated: bugfixes, quick submit plugin for 3.0.1; subscription/APC support for 3.1
- So far: minor platform issues, a few minor bugs, etc. Follow
ojs-stable-3_0_0branch for details.
- First journals already migrated/launched; watching for interesting examples.
- Marco did lots of work on translations.
- Continuing to watch the forum and listen to users.
- OJS 3 translations: release includes English, German, Portuguese, Spanish. Already demand for more reported in the forum.
- German and Spanish still lack a few strings.
- Blog post coming up
- Next on agenda:
- gitbook on translations
- engage more with community, engage responsible translators in reviewing smaller contributions by other translators
- identify translations good to have(e.g., see list of journals) and translations in particular good/bad shape
- scrap unused keys
- Review of translator plugin with focus on UI/UX
- Could be a sprint work item.
- Can the branches be cleaned up on GitHub? Alec says yes.
- No contact with Université de Montréal; Érudit was waiting for a code freeze, but then was on vacation in August.
- Marc reminded us that there is a dedicated Spanish/Catalan translator available; not on GitHub yet, but Marc will help that happen.
- Next translations: Catalan, French, Russian, Arabic; probably Arabic will be next.
- Alec wants to make long-term plans, e.g. transition to PO files. Alec and Marco will talk in October.
- Documentation Interest Group has had a good response. First meeting last month; will try to meet monthly.
- New OJS 2.4.8 doc in Gitbook nearly complete.
- New OJS 3.0 doc in Gitbook
- New version of Getting Found, Staying Found in progress
- Clinton asked if documentation issues should be raised within the Doc IG project, or on
pkp-liblike other issues?
- Kevin says Mike Nason will know, and will get an answer.
- Alec notes the tech reference is out of date, and also made some point about Travis and documentation(?)
- Listening to feedback on the OJS 3 release
- Planning new round of usability testing in the fall
- Contracted a designer for an alternative OJS 3 theme
- Front page mockup is here; he is now working on an article page mockup
- Going over topics
- Evaluating technology for remote participation
- Marc raised an issue with many publishers in Spain forking the code to provide a citations badge that extends or abuses Dublin Core.
- Alec suggested the Driver and OpenAIRE plugins, both OJS 2.x, as examples for altering OAI output for national/regulatory compliance and definitely a plugin would be better than forking the code
- Marco suggested raising this on the forum for broader input and a general solution