Difference between revisions of "Tech Committee Meeting Minutes 12 January 2016"

From PKP Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Help / Manuals (Alec))
(Next Meeting)
 
(3 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 40: Line 40:
 
*** Easily translated (via Gitbook)
 
*** Easily translated (via Gitbook)
 
*** Machine checkable (for missing mappings, etc)
 
*** Machine checkable (for missing mappings, etc)
*** Anchors could be a problem, maybe to split the pages, Marco will take a look
+
** Anchors could be a problem, maybe to split the pages, Marco will take a look
 
* OMP 1.2 probably not in the cards for built-in manual, but OJS 3.0?
 
* OMP 1.2 probably not in the cards for built-in manual, but OJS 3.0?
 
* Content:
 
* Content:
Line 48: Line 48:
 
== Translation (Marco) ==
 
== Translation (Marco) ==
  
* Translation updates
+
* Translation updates:
 +
** Lost translator from OpenEdition for fr_FR :-( Is there anybody else, that could overtake it? Maybe Erudit, that was maintaining fr_CA? Marco will ask.
 
* Gitbooks, translation, and connecting applications with gitbooks
 
* Gitbooks, translation, and connecting applications with gitbooks
 
* working on translation documentation, also sending information to translators' mailing list
 
* working on translation documentation, also sending information to translators' mailing list
 
* OMP 1.2 translation planning: let's do it!
 
* OMP 1.2 translation planning: let's do it!
 +
** Keep it small, only 4 languages: es, en, de, fr
 +
** Find translators
 +
** Translation start will be defined in the next TCM
 +
** Take care of the OJS keys, that are in the PKP library and don't work well with OMP
  
 
== UI/UX (Kevin/Alec) ==
 
== UI/UX (Kevin/Alec) ==
 
* Outcomes from December usability testing
 
* Outcomes from December usability testing
 
* https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RkZ0avL3UIUU-hUScbM77lLCsGtk-T2_dL-FEx_vKcM/edit#gid=0
 
* https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RkZ0avL3UIUU-hUScbM77lLCsGtk-T2_dL-FEx_vKcM/edit#gid=0
* Another round soon - going further into workflow
+
* Another round soon - going further into workflow (maybe review, revisions, assigning a copyeditor)
 +
* Looking for people that didn't work with OJS but who have edited a journal
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
 +
16 Februar 2106, 9am Vancouver time

Latest revision as of 10:45, 12 January 2016

In Attendance

Quick Updates

Release Progress (Alec)

  • OJS 2.4.8:
    • Schedule it to the end of January
    • don't wait for translations and don't bother the translators much about this release, Marco will send an e-mail however
  • OMP 1.2:
    • Issues list still non-trivial, but lots of activity
    • Working on help (see below)
    • Working on results from UI/UX testing (see below)
    • Still targeting Q1
    • Need to plan concretely for translations.
  • OJS 3.0:
    • Per OMP 1.2
    • Bozana working on CrossRef/DOI

PKP Network/Index (James)

Index:

  • Michael added custom block manager plugin, static pages plugin to OHS
  • 60 users now
  • 19 publications now in system
  • working well
  • SFU will be adding our own hosted journals over the next few weeks to further populate the index
  • we'll start sending out blog posts/tweets on specific milestones (10,000 records, 50,000 records, etc.)

Network:

  • Kevin, James, Brian met to discuss current state of the proposal.
    • have decided to break down and rebuild the propsal in a new draft, will report back soon.

Help / Manuals (Alec)

  • Work in progress: https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/issues/1032
  • Gitbook backed
  • Context provided in code e.g.: $this->setHelpFilePage($templateMgr, 'chapter_1_introduction.md#secondBit');
    • Is this the best way to do it? Requirements:
      • Easily translated (via Gitbook)
      • Machine checkable (for missing mappings, etc)
    • Anchors could be a problem, maybe to split the pages, Marco will take a look
  • OMP 1.2 probably not in the cards for built-in manual, but OJS 3.0?
  • Content:
    • All context sensitive help content from OJS 2.4.x is in Gitbook,
    • Hack some content during the sprint, that is planed to be in Montreal in spring + find ways to participate in the event remotely

Translation (Marco)

  • Translation updates:
    • Lost translator from OpenEdition for fr_FR :-( Is there anybody else, that could overtake it? Maybe Erudit, that was maintaining fr_CA? Marco will ask.
  • Gitbooks, translation, and connecting applications with gitbooks
  • working on translation documentation, also sending information to translators' mailing list
  • OMP 1.2 translation planning: let's do it!
    • Keep it small, only 4 languages: es, en, de, fr
    • Find translators
    • Translation start will be defined in the next TCM
    • Take care of the OJS keys, that are in the PKP library and don't work well with OMP

UI/UX (Kevin/Alec)

Next Meeting

16 Februar 2106, 9am Vancouver time