Tech Committee Meeting Minutes 12 April 2016
From PKP Wiki
- nothing major to report -- some fixes for OMP 1.2. and portings to OJS 3.0
Release Progress (Alec)
- OMP 1.2 released. Congratulations & thanks, everyone.
- Blog post pending
- OJS 2.4.9 planning
- Email (SPF) changes
- PKP LOCKSS PLN tweaks
- OJS 3.0 planning
- Still targeting summertime
- Increasing outside interest and contributions
- Will be better articulating and sharing timelines and progress.
PKP Network/Index (James/Kevin)
Help / Manuals (Kevin/Alec)
- Help system (gitbook) merged into master branch and released in OMP 1.2.
- Repository: https://github.com/pkp/omp-user-guide
- Sprint will likely include a documentation session.
- focussing on OMP 1.2 release in the last weeks
- OMP 1.2 released with updated translations: Portuguese (pt_BR), Spanish (es_ES), Catalan (ca_ES), German (de_DE)
- next on agenda: updating OJS 2 translations (-> OJS 2.4.9), updating OMP translations (-> OMP 1.2.1), preparing for OJS 3
- will meet with Alec/James, talk about OJS3 plans
- translating the documentation will be demanding, but fun: please refer possible translators, people involved with testing/documenting/support to Marco
- OMP translations used the translator plugin, quite happy (GitHub still preferred, though)
Some ideas for subjects:
- PKP Documentation: A review of the OMP 1.2 manual and/or start at the OJS 3.0 manual.
- OJS 3.0 UX: Reviewing the new theme for OMP 1.2/OJS 3.0 and developing some alternatives. Suggested skills/knowledge: CSS; design
- OJS 3.0 preview/OMP 1.2 review: This may include walking through the new interface as well as exploring upgrade/migration planning.
- Proper ORCiD integration: Examining how to integrate ORCiD into the OMP/OJS registration process. Suggested skills/knowledge: PHP; OAuth.
- XML: Continue work on the XML parsing project. Suggested skills/knowledge: JATS
Further details regarding remote participation, a potential social, etc. will be published soon on the PKP blog.
17 May 2016 9am Vancouver time