Tech Committee Meeting Minutes 10 March 2015
From PKP Wiki
- Alec: Heavy lifting underway on what will be OJS 3.0
- will affect OJS 3.0b and also OMP
- Clinton: Nothing of immediate interest.
- James: Metapress migration project has been completed.
Release Progress (Alec)
- development work is pretty much finished
- lots of fixes from Bruno, Jason
- OJS 2.4.6 in translation
- will discuss release date on Friday based on translations
UI/UX (Alec / Kevin)
- Hope to start work on plugin gallery soon
- have made contact with a new developer w/Wordpress experience; we'll start him out with a contract to work on this initially
- can't start until the end of March, but may join us in some of these meetings as appropriate
- proving to be much better to manage plugins as separate repositories
- Reviewed DOI exclusion work (started by Bozana, picked up and merged by Jason)
- also discussing in migrating the plugin stuff to OMP/OJS3 w/Bozana; she's currently very busy, but has a partial plugin implemented.
- Theming infrastructure work
- bootstrap implementation
- focus has been on OMP/OJS3 branches
- focus on separating front- and back-ends
- Alec has been working on implementing a template file overwriter plugin
- talked with Jon Whipple; said we have to define a bit of a social contract with themers
- Alec has spent some time improving documentation
- Jon has been writing a few demo themes up
- hosting team also discussing this with another group
- Heidelberg's reader front end work proceeds on OMP
- esp. around work of edited volumes, purchase of chapters, etc.
- sent in a pull request; review is in progress
- Using remote files and services as submission files
- James will forward relevant emails; we'll include as a separate agenda item next time
Release Automation (Alec)
- Preliminary work, including a script to automatically build releases: https://github.com/asmecher/ojs/tree/i347-fix
- we'll try this after OJS 2.4.6.
- would like to do more work on test releases
- database updates will trigger a non-point release
- could manage updates from git branch automatically (hosting)
- Kevin: New forum is live
- welcome message, code of conduct is all up
- we still need to figure out our best practices
- will start tagging people if they are a good fit for answering a question
- will continue to use the old forum for the next month; at the end of the month, will disable logins but still keep it online
Markup Best Practices
- changing default behaviour when no translated key is available?
Tuesday, April 14