Milestone 3.0 (Current - Q4 2009)
- Development of a common framework for all PKP software.
- See Modularization of PKP Systems for details.
Milestone 2.3 (Current - Q4 2008)
- Timeline refinements
- Registration refinements
- Enable Session Types to be identified
- Title Browse list refinements
Proposed for Future Release
- UI refactoring, most likely congruent with the proposed common framework development. See bug 2848 for one example, although this is a much larger issue than just buttons.
- We need to provide some way to mass e-mail ACCEPTED authors only. Right now, the only option is to e-mail all authors, which becomes awkward about halfway through the management process of the conference (repeatedly needing to find and de-select the rejected authors).
- When a user logs in with NO role, some kind of useful message should be displayed. For example:
Would you like to:
 Submit a proposal  Register as a conference reviewer  Register to attend the conference
This would help cut down on the many questions around this issue.
- Ability for the Director to rapidly assign papers to reviewers. For example, from the list of papers, make it possible to check off a group of papers and press an "Assign to Reviewer" option, which would pull up a list of Reviewers. Select one, hit Go and that would be it.
- Incomplete submissions should not go to the "unassigned" queue.
Ability to export abstracts, user data, etc. into a tab delimited and/or XML format for manipulation outside of OCS.
On the conference timeline, it is possible to close author registrations while submissions are still open. That should remain possible, but some kind of warning prompt would be ideal: "Do you really want to close author registration before the submissions are closed? Y/N".
Add a "sent mail" email log for the CM
Support for panel submissions
Export list of unpaid registrants.
Add a warning on the final stage of the submission process indicating that by clicking on the button the submission will be complete.
Allow authors to re-submit (if directed by the Director to do so) after submission deadline has passed.
Make Blind Reviews optional, allowing Conference Managers to decide whether or not to include author information in the Submission Metadata, visible to the Reviewer.
Add support for full bilingualism - interface and content
When a registrant pays, have the system generate an email receipt.
Add flexibility to include multiple options for the type of presentation being proposed.
Add flexibility to include more personal information from authors (e.g., title/rank/status of the individual, such as professor, student, professional, etc.)
Ability to set up as a single, one-off conference site
Allow Conference Manager and Director role to be merged for a simpler option
Add some kind of a link back to the main site, in addition to the HOME button, which links back to the Conference home
Add a "review-lite" workflow option that simplifies/reduces the peer-review aspects and allows conference directors to focus on using OCS as an access, scheduling, and general logistical tool for their conference.
Add a "collaborative review" workflow, where selected reviewers receive all submissions
Allow Directors/Track Directors to assign themselves ("Assign Self") as the Reviewer for a submission within Director interface
Reword "path" in setup (not an absolute path, but an abbreviation). Perhaps the abbreviation should just be used by default.
Add a budgeting module, which would allow conference managers to track conference expenses and generate cost reports.