Milestone 1 - Private Alpha Release (Q3/Q4 2007)
Release Objectives: Establish a stable initial preview release.
Major XML refactor
Remove NLM-specific generation
Citation lookup based on UI metadata, not parsed text (eg. PMID)
Add ParaCite parsing
Handle embedded URLsand access-dates
Use author list as (additional?) Pubmed lookup method
More informative upload/parsing messages
Milestone 2 - 1.0 Public Beta Release (Current - Q2 2008)
Release Objectives: Remove legacy code and provide a stable foundation for beta testing.
- Major XML refactor
- Remove NLM-specific generation and classes
- Extract section hierarchy
- Correct reordering
- Enable delete section
- Add/upload new figure
- Enable add/delete/reorder citations
- Convert incoming HTML entities in metadata into UTF-8
Milestone 3 - 1.1 Proposed (Q3 2008)
- Add source code to PKP CVS system
- Open Bugzilla tracker for issues
- Move xref detection into generateOutputXML() & remove NLM schema; add superscript detection and compare to list of references
- XML pre-validation
- Add Docbook DTD export schema
- Add Erudit DTD export schema
Proposed for Future Release
- Enable multiple article ID
- Add primary author selector / role-aff association
- Add acknowledgements, reviewers, review dates, etc.
- Create markup for abstract sections in XHTML
- enable collapsable sections (authors, affiliations, etc)
- Add/paste/edit XHTML table
- Lookup/parse UI consistency
- Citation types and elements mapped to NLM
- Improve PDF XSL (as per OJS development)
- Tweak XHTML stylesheets for tables/figures
- NLM-XML metadata generation w/full aff linking
- Integrate Pubmed Central Style Checker / Article Previewer
- Improve figure/abstract/list transformation
- Add figures/tables to xref detection
- Add form data validation
- Better error/warning messages (eg. citations, required fields, etc.)
- Full I18n and L10n to French, Spanish (partially complete)
- References with ndash don't get parsed: e.g., [1–6] will not get parsed, but [1-6] will.
- Parser does not find a title in a .odt when it is in the document properties (Peter Sefton)
- A large amount of text gets missed in some documents (Peter Sefton)
- Does not gracefully deal with "et al"
- Adding author or affiliation goes to error screen
- Extraneous "Aff1" with nothing attached to it - on first author.
- Affiliations are numbered by their metadatas ID, not by their sequence.
- Conflict of interest does not get sent to <back> matter
- Occasionally random "<name name-style="western">" appear when an article has many, many authors
- Does not properly output "et al" for citations with more than X authors (6?) (in HTML)
- Does not at all output <publisher-loc> or <publisher-name>