This is an initial release of the 1.x line, to be shortly deprecated into maintenance mode; we will still be tracking and addressing major / security-related bugs, and you are encouraged to browse our Bugzilla database fully.
As of Q3 2009, development on L8X as a stand-alone application has been halted in favor of a refactoring of the L8X functionality into the PKP Web Application Library. The rationale for this approach is to provide direct integration with OJS and OCS, as well as functionality for the initial relase of OMP. Users can expect a major change to bring the UI in line with the rest of the PKP suite, while keeping much of the dynamic interface in 1.x.
- Add L8X's citation parsing/lookup/editing functionality to OJS
- citation lookup and editing in submission/editing process ("citation grid")
- Implement citation output use-cases (see feature list below)
- addition of citation data in XML export (e.g. for PubMed, Synergies, and CrossRef)
- generation of COinS (Context Object in Span) from citations, including Zotero integration
- Allow readers to view citations in all existing citation output formats (EndNote?, RefWorks? integration)
- Add document parsing/editing capability to OJS
- automatic citation data extraction from ODT in submission process
- add section parser / editor to editorial process (generate and edit full semantic XML structure) in OJS
- Implement XML-to-PDF and XML-to-HTML rendering
- Add document conversion capability to OJS
- automatic document conversion during submission process (*.*)->(*.odt) to allow automatic extraction for more formats
- Add L8X's meta-data extraction to OJS
- automatic metadata extraction from ODT in submission process
- Market migrated parsing/lookup code as a standalone library
- Extend reading tools to citations (provide additional information about cited works in RT sidebar)
- Extend L8X functionality to OCS and OMP
- Add citation support to Harvester
- If a metadata element in Harvester looks like a citation, parse the citation and render it in HTML with COinS
- use Harvester to retrieve additional citation meta-data that will be attached to the meta-data we already retrieve (i.e. every single harvester record may contain or point to additional citation records)
NB: Some of the proposed plugins are also L8X-related.