Integration and Interoperability
PKP 2011 Hackfest - Integration and Interoperability
What is this?
Integration and Interoperability refers to the ability of PKP software (e.g. OJS or OCS) to interoperate and communicate with other applications.
- A journal website may include a blog and a journal. The two should be integrated seamlessly so as not to confuse the user who is trying to navigate both.
- A scholarly society may run both OJS and OCS and might wish to decrease the duplicated content.
- A university may want to connect OJS with their existing LDAP directory.
- A conference may want to publish a conference schedule in a format that's easily downloadable on handheld devices.
We hope that participants will bring ideas and examples with them from their own institutions.
What might be done in this project?
- specification of plug-ins
- usability and graphics design
- implementation / testing