Problems with locale

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 3:34 am

Problems with locale

Postby markoj » Fri May 19, 2006 5:32 am

I have created a new locale (si_SI - slovenian) and wanted to import about 20 articles in the OJS database. Everything seemed to work fine. Some article abstracts are in english and in slovene, some are english only. But the problem occured only when some articles had only english abstracts and titles and front-end language was set to Slovene!

When I switch the language on the front-end to slovene and then click the article that has only english title and abstract (but no slovene), I recieve a fatal PHP error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getLastName() on a non-object in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\ojs\classes\article\ on line 153

Does any one know about a quick solution to this problem?
The journal I need to keep online has about 5 english research papers that have abstracts written in english and in slovene. Every other article in the journal is in english only. Though, both languages need to be supported. Unfortunately.

Posts: 10015
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:56 pm

Postby asmecher » Fri May 19, 2006 10:29 am

Hi Markoj,

Do you have an article without any authors? OJS requires each article to have at least one author; validating the import XML against native.dtd should catch situations like this.

Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team

Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 3:34 am

Postby markoj » Wed May 24, 2006 12:10 am

Every article has at least one author. But not every article has both locales set for title and abstract. Import is okay. But browsing the website when the articles are already in the system, that's when the problem occurs. When the website language is set to one locale but there is no content for it (there is some content but only for the other locale).

EDIT: I am sorry. I have found that the absence of an author is the case for this error.

Return to “OJS Technical Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 1 guest