Div Management

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.
elPatricko

Div Management

Postby elPatricko » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:56 am

Hello Everyone.

I'm new to OJS and my english is not that good :).

I would like to change some of div placements in the xhtml but i dont find a html in the ojs file struktur. Can somebody help me manage this problem?

I would like to put the navbar div inside of the header div. Where can i do this ?

jmacgreg

Re: Div Management

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:09 am

Hi elPatricko,

You'll find all HTML in Smarty template files, located in your /templates directory (and if you are using OJS 2.3, in /lib/pkp/templates). Smarty is a templating system that we use; you can find more information, documentation etc. either here on the forum, or at http://smarty.net.

Cheers,
James

elPatricko

Postby elPatricko » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:04 am

Thx for your answer!

But i still got problems. I dont really understand how i can change the look with the .tpl files. I want the footer to displayed. And he's is never displayed. I changed his Background color put a text in the footer.tpl in it but he never really appears. the text is displayed but no background-color. The other problem is that iam not that good in english. In dont really understand your hugh texts about smarty etc. Is there a Tutorial How to change the Look of ojs? where is a step by step explanation? I just want to put the navibar to be inside of the header and the footer to be displayed... and i really dont know how to make it :)

swing

Postby swing » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:49 am

Hi elPatricko,

You should be able to define the footer in journal setup -> Step 5. (The Look) -> 5.4 Journal Page Footer.
To change the header you should edit the template file lib/pkp/templates/common/header.tpl in OJS 2.3.0 or templates/common/header.tpl in an earlier OJS version.
I hope this helps!
Regards,
swing

elPatricko

Postby elPatricko » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:42 am

swing wrote:Hi elPatricko,

You should be able to define the footer in journal setup -> Step 5. (The Look) -> 5.4 Journal Page Footer.
To change the header you should edit the template file lib/pkp/templates/common/header.tpl in OJS 2.3.0 or templates/common/header.tpl in an earlier OJS version.
I hope this helps!
Regards,
swing

hey thanks! it just worked fine!

Return to “OJS Development”