Future Upgrades: Add note facility on manuscript screens

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.
rseidman

Future Upgrades: Add note facility on manuscript screens

Postby rseidman » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:36 pm

Often, I want to make a note to myself concerning a particular manuscript and/or the reviewers I've chosen for that manuscript. How about adding a notes field to each manuscript page for the Editor to use? Thanks. Love your OJS!

jmacgreg

Re: Future Upgrades: Add note facility on manuscript screens

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:50 am

Hi RHS,

That functionality already exists, but it isn't enabled by default, and it's kind of hidden just the same. Log in as Journal Manager, and under Journal Setup Step 4.1, enable both logging types. Once this is done, Editors will have access to an extra sub-page for every submission, next to the Summary/Review/Editing pages: a History page. There's a subsequent "Notes" section to this page, where private notes can be kept. Hopefully, the notes function will be more visible and useable in future versions.

Cheers,
James

rseidman

Re: Future Upgrades: Add note facility on manuscript screens

Postby rseidman » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:17 pm

Thanks, James. Works great!! Best wishes. Bob

Return to “OJS Development”