main template file

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.
dsanchez

main template file

Postby dsanchez » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:08 am

Hello folks

I am now trying to modify the look of the site. I found

template/common/header.tpl
template/common/sidebar.tpl

to be the main files.

However I want to know WHICH ONE is the file who call those two files?, the main template file...

Cheers

David.

asmecher

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:00 am

Hi dsanchez,

This depends on what page you're viewing; for example, when you're looking at the "User Home" page, the template displayed is templates/user/index.tpl (see pages/user/UserHandler.inc.php for the code that calls this template). Within the index.tpl template, you'll see {include file="..."} calls to include the header and footer templates.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team

dsanchez

Postby dsanchez » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:39 pm

Little bit complex...but I already found the trick

http://ceos.pucp.edu.pe/dia/proyectos/r ... itas/index

;)

Thanks.

David.

asmecher wrote:Hi dsanchez,

This depends on what page you're viewing; for example, when you're looking at the "User Home" page, the template displayed is templates/user/index.tpl (see pages/user/UserHandler.inc.php for the code that calls this template). Within the index.tpl template, you'll see {include file="..."} calls to include the header and footer templates.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team

Return to “OJS Technical Support”