User registration [RESOLVED]

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.
svillanueva

User registration [RESOLVED]

Postby svillanueva » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:11 am

Hello,

we would like to change a bit the registration page to check by default both checkbox, the "as a reader" one and "as an author" one (instead of only "as a reader"). I've take a look at the register.tpl and there are variables called $registerAsReviewer, $registerAsReader, $registerAsAuthor that determines whether the checkbox has to be checked by default or not. I've been searching but I can't find where those variables are initialized or where they change their value...

Thanks!

Sergi Villanueva.

asmecher

Re: User registration

Postby asmecher » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:42 am

Hi Sergi,

You can initialize these variables in classes/user/form/RegistrationForm.inc.php. For example, there is a line of code in the initData function that initializes the Reader checkbox so that it's checked by default:

Code: Select all

$this->setData('registerAsReader', 1);
Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

svillanueva

Re: User registration

Postby svillanueva » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:09 am

Ok, thank you Alec!

Sergi Villanueva.

Return to “OJS Technical Support”