Manual Update error

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.
eruthes

Manual Update error

Postby eruthes » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:21 am

My configurations:

Code: Select all

OJS version    2.1.0.1
OS platform     Linux
PHP version    5.1.6-2
Apache version    Apache/2.0.55 (Debian) PHP/5.1.6-2
Database driver    postgres
Database server version    PostgreSQL 8.1.4 on i486-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC cc (GCC) 4.1.2 20060920 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-14)

I downloaded the last version of the OJS, unpacked on the old codes.
I followed the instructions, clicked in the Manual Upgrade button to get the SQLs to update the database manually.

I'm getting these errors:

Notice: Undefined index: url in /home/eruthes/public_html/ojsproducao/classes/article/AuthorDAO.inc.php on line 179

Notice: Undefined index: url in /home/eruthes/public_html/ojsproducao/classes/article/AuthorDAO.inc.php on line 179

Notice: Undefined index: assoc_id in /home/eruthes/public_html/ojsproducao/classes/article/ArticleFileDAO.inc.php on line 234

Notice: Undefined index: assoc_id in /home/eruthes/public_html/ojsproducao/classes/article/ArticleFileDAO.inc.php on line 234
DB Error: ERRO: coluna "assoc_id" da relação "article_files" não existe

When I comment the designateReviewVersions function on dbscripts/xml/upgrade.xml the dumb error changes to:

DB Error: ERRO: relação "rt_settings" não existe

When I also comment the migrateRtSettings function on dbscripts/xml/upgrade.xml, everything seems to run normally and I car edit the SQLs to insert the corrections posted from myself on http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1144

asmecher

Postby asmecher » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:54 am

Hi eruthes,

It looks like you still need to re-sync the OJS database against the XML file. Try running:

php tools/upgrade.php upgrade
This will create the missing table and add the new columns. (NOTE: This command line has been corrected)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
Last edited by asmecher on Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

eruthes

Postby eruthes » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:16 am

are you sure that the command is these?

jason@~/public_html/ojsproducao$ php dbscripts/xml/upgrade.php upgrade
Could not open input file: dbscripts/xml/upgrade.php

There is no .php file on these directory, but upgrade.xml also return a parse error.

Thanks,
Eduardo Ruthes

asmecher

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:30 am

Hi Eduardo,

Sorry, my mistake. The command line should be:

php tools/upgrade.php upgrade
You may receive an error message regarding duplicate inserts; this is fine.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team

Return to “OJS Technical Support”