adding link

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.
paulmn

adding link

Postby paulmn » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:35 am

hi

we would like to add links on the presentations page. ideally, the links should appear next to the author's name and next to the abstract link that viewers click to open the abstract. this link will be to launch a new browser window which contains an adobe presenter presentation of that abstract. to have the link to the abstract page next to the link for the adobe presenter page is what we're after. i haven't found a way to create and have this link appear in that spot.

any suggestions?

thanks

Paul

paulmn

Re: adding link

Postby paulmn » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:58 am

I forgot to mention that in an ideal situation, the authors themselves should be the ones who submit this link during the abstract submission process. then, that link (which would ideally be titled "webcast") appears there next to the link for the corresponding abstract.

i hope this makes sense

Paul

asmecher

Re: adding link

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:47 pm

Hi Paul,

At the bottom of the submission's Review page for a completed submission, you should see a Layout section where you're able to upload Galleys. As Director, you should be able to use this section to upload the presentation in whatever combination of formats you like.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Return to “OCS Technical Support”