Counter Problems with OJS 2.2.3

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Counter Problems with OJS 2.2.3

Postby shane » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:40 am

I have recently set up a legal journal using OJS.

I wanted to get access to data showing how many times each individual article had been opened.

As the Journal Manager I have access to some very basic information vis Counter statistics which provide me with the "Number of Successful Full-Text Article Requests by Month and Journal (Year 2010)." However, this is a general count for the journal.

As an editor I looked at the editting section of each article and under "layout" it stated that each article had been viewed 0 times. This clearly cannot be true.

SO my basic question is how can I compile and get access to on how many times each individual article is opened.

Any help gratefully received

Re: Counter Problems with OJS 2.2.3

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Hi Shane,

That view count definitely shouldn't be 0. I can't duplicate the issue, and I can't seem to find any bug reports concerning view count increment issues. The only thing I've found is this thread. Could you investigate a bit further, by:

a) seeing whether any errors are being reported to your server's error log; and
b) following Matt's advice on finding out whether view counts are being recorded in the database for a given submission, for example for Submission ID 13 (the Richard Wilson article).

Return to “OJS Editorial Support and Discussion”