Location of journals using Open Journal Systems
Notes: This map shows the journals using Open Journal Systems (OJS) available online sometime in the last 30 days. Each year ONLY shows journals with content published in that year. The numbers do not represent the rate of adoption of OJS (many journals only upload back issues without publishing ANY current content, skip a year, or go offline).
- URLs for installations were found by looking at the "referrer" addresses in the PKP website log (by default OJS links back to pkp.sfu.ca). As a result, some OJS journals are NOT reflected in these numbers.
- Map shows journals, not installations.
- Journals are counted for any given year if they have at least 10 articles published that year. Any journals not meeting this criteria are NOT included in these numbers.
- Journal content was found using the PKP Harvester using the OAI PMH.
- Country of origin of a journal is determined by (in order of preference): by the presence of country name in journal title, top level domain, or by GeoIP lookup of IP address. This method is not perfect and is known to be skewed towards the location of hosting servers.