PKP Bugzilla – Full Text Bug Listing
|Summary:||Abstract and Paper submission review problems|
|Product:||OCS||Reporter:||James MacGregor <jmacgreg>|
|Component:||Review||Assignee:||PKP Support <pkp-support>|
|Severity:||major||CC:||alec, rem305, W.M.BergmannTiest|
|OS:||Mac OS X 10.3|
|Version Reported In:||2.1.2||Also Affects:|
Description James MacGregor 2009-11-03 11:43:07 PST
Using "Abstract and Paper together" submission types results in problems when choosing either Revisions Required or Decline Submission Director Decision options. This one is a little tricky to diagnose, but I think the following steps replicate it: -- for submission type, choose Abstract and Review together. -- Submit a paper; assign the submission to a Director/Track Director. -- select a Reviewer; have them go through the review process. -- If, after the review process, the Director chooses "Revisions Required", the page reloads; the Record Decision button is greyed out/unclickable; the Director Decision reads "None"; and under Peer Review, it says "It's not yet possible to perform this review. Either the abstract review is not yet complete, or the author has not yet provided a paper for review." Note that I haven't even sent an email to the author yet. If I send an email to the Author, clicking Import Peer Reviews reloads the page, but nothing appears. If I upload an author version, still nothing is unstuck. -- The same thing happens when I choose "Decline Review." I'm wondering if there should be an both an Abstract and a Paper review page available to Track Directors for this kind of workflow? The system appears to want a discrete abstract review signed off on, but there's no way to do this currently.
Comment 1 Alec Smecher 2009-12-01 12:39:10 PST
James, this might be a dupe of bug #4913 -- could you check a fresh update (or the translation install) to see if you can still cause this behavior?
Comment 2 James MacGregor 2009-12-01 15:39:09 PST
(In reply to comment #1) > James, this might be a dupe of bug #4913 -- could you check a fresh update (or > the translation install) to see if you can still cause this behavior? Hi Alec -- yep, this works now. Thanks! *** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 4913 ***