Tech Committee Meeting Minutes 8 April 2014
From PKP Wiki
Alec Smecher, Kevin Stranack, Jason Nugent, James MacGregor, Bartek Kawula, Brian Gregg
- Recently had a successful PKP Sprint.
- Have been working on follow-up, especially on integration/testing and UI/UX.
- Have been seeing a slight uptick in code contributions via Github, which is great.
Upcoming milestones (Alec Smecher)
- OJS 2.4.4 (currently in translation) with primarily patches, plus some improvements after the sprint
- OJS 2.4.5 is being scheduled for the summer
- OMP 1.1.0 came out last month: represents a lot of new code (stats, expedited submission process, more)
- OMP 1.1.1 being considered for release sooner rather than later, but waiting in consideration of UI/UX release
- OCS release planned for this summer; patch fixes plus also contributions from Columbia
- OMP 1.2/OJS 3.0b: currently waiting to be scheduled. Will schedule based on UI/UX review.
- Pitt: New hire on now; looking forward to starting Plum widget;
- getting new hire up to speed on git; Alec volunteered to help with orientation
Review tech committee mandate (Alec Smecher)
- deferring until next meeting.
UI/UX update (Kevin Stranack)
- short term goals:
- review existing software (OMP 1.1/OJS 3)
- Kevin gathering existing reviews
- User Services Group has also been created, yet to be clearly defined
- some easy wins we can pull out of reviews
- Question: where to track this work? Wiki works for now.
- possibly also use the new forum?
- stay away from trying a complete process overhaul at once
Sprint debrief (Alec Smecher)
- Really productive, lots of code, lots of group work.
- some areas of work pushed through much more quickly than previously, eg. CrossRef work; testing work; LOCKSS PLN; UI/UX; usability standards;
- general 2.4 bugs fixed.
- considering tying one in with the AGM this fall.
- retiring pkp-support; split into pkp-internal, pkp-dev (wider developer mailing list).
- if you want to be included on pkp-dev, please let Alec know. Medium-traffic list.
Next meeting: Tuesday the 29th, 9am PDT.