Talk:OJS Workflow: Copyediting Page
From PKP Wiki
Revision as of 15:09, 26 June 2014 by Alec
Regarding John's proposal
- Alec’s questions
- Should it be possible to add Auditors both in 2 and 3? (John says probably not.)
- What is the role of 4378-Metadata? Is this a file, or is it actually the submission metadata?
- If there are multiple copyeditors, how are their copyedited files distinguished in 2?
- How are file assignments to copyeditors handled? Can the selections be changed?
- Why are we using a Notify action to contact Auditors, and a Promote-style modal to notify Copyeditors? Can the two be reconciled?
- How generally does approval happen at the various levels?
- What’s the difference between “Auditing copyedits” and “Copyedit needs audit”? Both indicate that a file has not been uploaded by the auditor yet. Is the status change triggered e.g. by download the file?
- Colour coding -- inconsistent with elsewhere (notify; notes in particular)
- Sending files to production directly from 1, 2, or 3?
- How does resend for production work?
- How are auditors/copyeditor acknowledged?
- Kevin’s questions (where not covered above)
- Is there a way for the copyeditor to move the files to the next section without downloading/uploading? E.g., Move to Auditing button?
- The Add Another Copyedit/Audit Round button -- are the same auditors used? What happens to previously initiated but not completed audits?
- What happens when a Copyeditor wants to move an audited file to Production-Ready? Is a download and upload required?
- How do files arrive in Production Ready?
- What is the status “Audit needs consult”?
- General take-aways:
- The notification process is inconsistent (copyeditor vs. auditors)
- Unnecessary upload/download cycles might be required, which should be avoided; especially the case where this will involve selecting the file that’s been revised
- The operation of additional rounds needs to be specified
- Not sure the use of 4 (or more) separate grids will clarify the workflow