Frequent git use cases
From PKP Wiki
Revision as of 12:46, 9 February 2010 by Jerico.dev
This page is work-in-progress. It'll be ready very soon.
This is a cheat cheat for one way to use git as a PKP developer but by far not the only way. Feel free to use it, add to it or change it.
- 1 Creating a development branch
- 2 Start working on a BugZilla bug
- 3 Switch to another BugZilla bug
- 4 Switch back to the previous BugZilla bug
- 5 Update your working copy with changes from master
- 6 Make quick fixes to the master copy without interrupting your workflow
- 7 Closing a BugZilla bug
- 8 Try out changes from other developers' development branches
Creating a development branch
git checkout -b dev master/master