OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Deleting old articles

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Deleting old articles

Postby pierredv » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:02 am

Is there a way to delete old articles? I want to clean up some testing material and it will prbably be necessary to delete old rejected articles from the database every year or so. I have tried using the file manager and have deleted everything I can see. Although all the files associated with the rticles I want to delete is no longer visible, the articles still sits visible in the archive.

We use version 2.0.2.1
pierredv

Postby John » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:59 am

Thank you. In OJS 1.X, you can delete files from the Archive, but we seem to have missed including that feature in 2.X. I will need to check if there are any issues around this, as we have had issues with deleting useres. But I agree that it would be good to have this delete function to be in a subsequent release.
John

Postby asmecher » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:57 pm

A correction to John's post: It is indeed possible to delete submissions using the current release of OJS 2.x. As editor, archive the submission. Then go to the archive listing, and it should be possible to delete the submission from there.

Note that deleting a submission's files using the Files Browser only deals with the submission files themselves, e.g. the original submission document, galleys, etc. All tracking information is stored in the SQL database, which can only be cleaned up using the process described above.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby soj » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:57 pm

Me again, I have found no field or button under archives to delete an article or submission as editor... could you be more specific :?:

TIA! soj
soj

Postby John » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:01 pm

In the Archives accessed by the Editor is a list of submissions, with each providing its STATUS that includes a DELETE link.
John

Postby soj » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:18 pm

Hi John - thanks for your response. However, when I log in as editor, no DELETE link is listed near or under "Status," nor anywhere on the page listing archived articles.

See: http://ejssm.org/screenshot.jpg

Thanks! Soj
soj

Postby asmecher » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:05 pm

Hi Soj,

Articles in the Archive are either published or archived; if an article has been published but you want to delete it, you'll need to Archive it first. You can do this on the submission's Summary page.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support