OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Abstract Link

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Abstract Link

Postby guest » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:04 am

I'm using OJS 2.0.1 and when my articles are published, there is a link to the Abstract even if there is no abstract for the article/book review. In the metadata, the abstract field is not designated as being required so I think there should be some way to kill this link. Does anyone know what it might be?

Postby John » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:50 pm

I agree, given that some disciplines, such as literary studies, often do not use abstracts. We should have a means of disabling the Abstract link in the Table of Contents, and I will submit a bug to this effect to ensure that it become an avaiable option. There may be a more immediate patch that someone can provide.
John

Postby helenw » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:58 pm

I agree. We need the option of disabling the abstract link. I have an "Editor's welcome" that does not require an abstract.
helenw

Location: Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia

Abstracts Optional by Section

Postby John » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:28 pm

I have just entered a bug on this (http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1717), making it an option for any and all Sections of the journal not to use (or request) an abstract.
John

Direct link to document

Postby ramon » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:00 am

Fellow users,

What happened to the option to create a direct link to the article in Section configurations??

I'm still not knowleadgeable of the changes on 2.x, but on 1.x every section had the option to go to an abstract page or to the article directly.
ramon

Postby asmecher » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:41 am

Hi all,

FYI, an option to disable abstracts for articles in a particular section has been added and is available in the current release of OJS. It's available as a Section option, which can be found in Journal Management -> Journal Sections -> Edit.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion