OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

give automatic certification to reviewers or editors

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

give automatic certification to reviewers or editors

Postby tarkhorani » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:11 pm

is there any way to give to a reviewer after he reviewed a manuscript a URL that when anyone click on it show a certificate for that reviewer that reviewed an articles? system must generate the certificate automatically and send certificate to reviewer automatically also.

e.g. show

------------------------
C E R T I F I C A T E
------------------------

The Journal of -----
Certified that
Dr. ---------------
was reviewed following articles:
-------------
-------------
-------------
tarkhorani

Postby asmecher » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:40 am

Hi tarkhorani,

There's nothing like this in OJS at the moment, but if we start to get a significant number of requests for it, we'll consider adding it as a feature. In the meantime, I suspect a manual process with a word processor document template would be the quickest approach, as an automated process could involve significant development.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby arachne » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:31 am

This seems to be a related issue - we are wondering if it is possible to add notations to reviewers, so editors can know if "so-and-so only will do one review per year" or some such - beyond what can be inferred from the reviewer rating system.

Optimal might be: in the 'Select Reviewer' section, possibly beside the 'Rating' column, a 'Notes' column would have a clickable link that gives us a pop-up notes interface much like the Editor/Author Email Record.

This could be linked to a similar Notes icon that appears when a reviewer is selected in the Peer Review section of each submission,; again, beside the Rating drop-down box would work well.

Unless this something one could graft on to the existing implementation oneself?.... :?
arachne

Postby asmecher » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:02 pm

Hi Arachne,

One of the changes we're making for OJS 2.2 is an overhaul of the metadata system to allow better multilingual support, e.g. user profiles, article metadata, journal metadata, etc. in multiple languages. This will also open up the code for easier additions of more metadata than the built-in set includes. The latter won't be available out-of-the-box in OJS 2.2 -- i.e. it will require code modifications -- but it'll be much more flexible then the current approach. If you can wait for OJS 2.2 to become available, I can provide some instructions for the relevant modifications. We expect 2.2 to be released this fall.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby arachne » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:27 pm

Brilliant, will keep my little wish-list aside til then! :)
arachne

reviews done

Postby Liz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:05 pm

Hi,

I'm wondering if we can get a report or perhaps add to the "select a reviewer" page an indication of how many reviews the reviewer has completed. I believe the reviews "done" list calculates how many reviewed essays the reviewer has been assigned, which does not reflect how many reviews they actually complete; often reviewers do not complete reviews before we make a decision (often we make a decision based on 2/3 reviews), so the reviews "done" does not really reflect what an editor needs to know in assigning a reviewer. I see reports are added on reviews but it would take some time to sift through this info for knowing how many reviews are completed versus assigned, and I'm wondering if there might be an easier way to get at this info.

Thanks!
Liz
Liz

Re: give automatic certification to reviewers or editors

Postby asmecher » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:29 pm

Hi Liz,

The "Done" column on the Select Reviewer page should indeed reflect the number of reviews the reviewer has completed. Is it not behaving that way on your installation? What version of OJS are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion