OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

PKP Conference or local Vancouver meetings

General inquiries about the PKP.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, vgabler, barbarah, John

Forum rules
Feel free to post general inquiries about the PKP Here. We'll also post notes of interest from time to time. You may also want to check out the PKP blog.

PKP Conference or local Vancouver meetings

Postby spatialguru » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:40 pm

I am interested in knowing if there will be a PKP Conference again this year, but also if there are others who would like to meet face-to-face in Vancouver on a semi-regular basis. I am personally interested just to see what others are doing, but also to maybe hack away on customisations or enhancements for OCS/OJS.

Is there already a PKP-related user group in the area?

Tyler
spatialguru

Re: PKP Conference or local Vancouver meetings

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:40 pm

Hi Tyler,

We're not planning a conference for this year, but there are a number of places where we'll be showing up. You can see a full list here:

http://pkp.sfu.ca/pkp-workshops

Please, feel free to contact any of the respective presenters for more information.

Regarding local user groups: to my knowledge there have been none started up so far, although Kevin has mentioned that on a recent trip to Australia he encountered users there interested in starting one up. As far as we're concerned, the more community involvement the better, especially when it comes to modifications, add-ons, and the like. If you have any further ideas on approaching this, for Vancouver specifically or anywhere in general, I'd love to hear them.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: PKP Conference or local Vancouver meetings

Postby Brian » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi, Tyler. If there is a home base for PKP it is Vancouver as the software originated at the University of British Columbia and Simon Fraser University Library (also located in the Greater Vancouver area) has become a major partner for the ongoing development and support of PKP software. Our core development and support team is scattered all over the place, so even face to face meetings of this group are infrequent. However, when various schedules and flight plans align with Vancouver we do get together. I think we could accommodate your suggestion quite handily by announcing the next time such a meeting is planned and inviting anybody who happens to be in the vicinity to come out and meet the team. We are definitely interested in linking up with any members of the PKP community who are interested in working on the software or supporting PKP in other ways.
Brian

Return to General Discussion