OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

schedConfStyleSheet status

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

schedConfStyleSheet status

Postby spatialguru » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:51 pm

Hi all,
I started digging into how to set up scheduled conference specified stylesheets and was delighted to find the code already to use in TemplateManager.inc.php. Is it set right? I don't see the code showing up in the output page.
Code: Select all

// Assign scheduled conference stylesheet and footer (after conference stylesheet!)
if($schedConf) {
     $schedConfStyleSheet = $schedConf->getSetting('schedConfStyleSheet', false);
     if ($schedConfStyleSheet) {
          $this->addStyleSheet(Request::getBaseUrl() .
          '/' .   PublicFileManager::getSchedConfFilesPath($schedConf->getSchedConfId()) .
          '/' . $schedConfStyleSheet['uploadName']);
      }
}

I manually added the value to the sched_conf_settings table:

INSERT INTO sched_conf_settings VALUES (
1,'','schedConfStyleSheet',
'a:3:{s:4:"name";s:23:"schedConfStyleSheet.css";s:10:"uploadName";s:23:"schedConfStyleSheet.css";s:12:"dateUploaded";s:19:"2008-02-14 10:51:52";}',
'object'
);

and saved a css as:
/public/conferences/1/schedConfs/1/schedConfStyleSheet.css"

I can make it work by hardcoding the path as a test, so I assume it's not grabbing the variable right:
if($schedConf) {
    $schedConfStyleSheet = $schedConf->getSetting('schedConfStyleSheet', false);
    $this->addStyleSheet('http://localhost/ocs2/public/conferences/1/schedConfs/1/schedConfStyleSheet.css');
}

Any pointers on making this work?

Tyler
spatialguru

Re: schedConfStyleSheet status

Postby spatialguru » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:13 pm

Since I couldn't solve the above problem, I made one very minor change to one file and have my custom stylesheets working. So, if you're in the same boat as me and are desperate for a separate style sheet/css for each scheduled conference (not just for each conference), you can try this simple change.

Edit classes/template/TemplateManager.inc.php (I'm using CVS version of OCS), comment out a couple lines and change one to point to the static name for the .css you want to use instead of looking it up in the db. Then you can save the css file, with the same name in your public/conferences/X/schedConf/Y - Y folder, and it will be picked up if there.

Here's are the changes I made, as a patch - it looks a lot worse than it is!

--- TemplateManager.inc.php     2008-02-20 18:04:49.000000000 -0500
+++ TemplateManager.inc.php~    2008-02-20 18:03:14.000000000 -0500
@@ -188,12 +188,12 @@

// Assign scheduled conference stylesheet and footer (after conference stylesheet!)
                                if($schedConf) {
-                                       //$schedConfStyleSheet = $schedConf->getSetting('schedConfStyleSheet', false);
-                                       //if ($schedConfStyleSheet) {
+                                       $schedConfStyleSheet = $schedConf->getSetting('schedConfStyleSheet', false);
+                                       if ($schedConfStyleSheet) {
                                                $this->addStyleSheet(Request::getBaseUrl() .
                                                '/' .   PublicFileManager::getSchedConfFilesPath($schedConf->getSchedConfId()) .
-                                               '/' . 'schedConfStyleSheet.css');  // $schedConfStyleSheet['uploadName']);
-                                       //}
+                                               '/' . $schedConfStyleSheet['uploadName']);
+                                       }
                                }
                        } else { // Not within conference context
                                // Add the site-wide logo, if set for this locale or the primary locale

But of course, it looks like a better way to do this is in the works, since the basic code is in there already anyway. So hopefully you won't need this hack unless desperate ;-)

Enjoy,
Tyler
spatialguru

Return to OCS Development