OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Need a registration confirmation page

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Need a registration confirmation page

Postby jaramin » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:46 am

Hello!

I'm customizing the registration and manual payment templates to handle different kinds of payment (cash, check, credit card with in house system), I've altered the form and validation without any problem, but now and I've come to a point where I'm a bit confused as to how I should proceed next. Here's my problem :

Once the user has completed his registration (.../schedConf/registration) he is sent to the registration payment page (...schedConf/register). My problem is that I need a confirmation page, so that the registration isn't comitted yet and on which the user can presse a back button to return to the registration page and correct any mistakes. I can see two approaches to the problem :

1. Change some inner working code so that the registration isn't committed yet when I submit the form on the registration page. That way I could use the registration payment page to display a confirmation dialog, a "back" button that sends the user back to the registration form and a "proceed" button that would commit the registration.

2. Change some code so that the registration form is sent to itself (and some flag gets raised) so that it acts as a confirmation page on which I would now show a "back" button that would re-send the form to itself agains (lower the flag) and a "proceed" button that would commit the registration and send the user to the registration payment page as normal.

Which of the two approaches should I follow? I would value an easy way over a "clean" way as this site will only last for the summer. And of course, I would appreciate greatly if someone could give me a hint or two as to what files I'd need to modify, and some code tidbits to illustrate where and how changes need to be done.

Thank you!
jaramin

Re: Need a registration confirmation page

Postby smiri » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:52 pm

Hi

I would suggest going the 2nd path. It would be the simplest way to do this and I believe you only have to change one file: schedConf/registration

Your plan for implementing this sounds good to me. Let us know if you run into any problems and we can give you more assistance.

Regards,
smiri

Postby jaramin » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:39 am

smiri wrote:Hi

I would suggest going the 2nd path. It would be the simplest way to do this and I believe you only have to change one file: schedConf/registration

Your plan for implementing this sounds good to me. Let us know if you run into any problems and we can give you more assistance.

Regards,

Well, I set out to go the 2nd path, but I've run into a problem. The validation process which warns the user if some required fields were left empty isn't called when I send the registration page back to itself (naturally) to show a confirmation dialog. Is there a way to manually call the validation process ? I'm trying to understand how to use this piece of code found in UserRegistrationForm.inc.php outside of the normal process :

Code: Select all
$this->addCheck(new FormValidator($this, 'firstName', 'required', 'user.profile.form.firstNameRequired'));

I need to do the validation from inside the registration template (UserRegistrationForm.tpl), any hint I could follow?
jaramin

Postby asmecher » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi jaramin,

When a form is initially loaded, the $form->initData() function is called -- this is the case for the form you're modifying. If you want the form to read input data that was submitted by the user, you'll need to call $form->readInputData() function instead -- but only if a submit has actually occurred, or the form will be totally blank. Let me know if you need more details on this.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby vijaykiran » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:26 pm

Hello Jaramin,

Our institution does not use paypal system, and it has its own payment gateway system. I would like to incorporate it within the conference site we built. I saw that you posted a question on implementing credit card authorization system, and you ran into some glitches. Were you able to solve it? If so, would you be able to share the code that implemented credit card authorization process?

Thanks,
Vijay
vijaykiran

Return to OCS Technical Support