OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

EditRegistrationType page - previous year not available

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

EditRegistrationType page - previous year not available

Postby shimrah » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:10 am

Just a small bug to report...

I started a conference site in November of 2007 for a conference that will take place April 10-12. There are several "Early Bird" registration types that expire on February 27th, 2008, and the "normal pricing" types then kick in.

It is now February of 2008. If I try to go into the Edit Registration Type screen, the start date of the type is listed as "November 15, 2008", although it SHOULD be "November 15, 2007". But if I ignore this and try to update a different field, then hit Save, I get an error:

Code: Select all
 Errors occurred processing this form:
    * The open date for this registration type must come before the close date.

The problem here is that the form won't display a previous year for the start date. This has two consequences. The first is the one I've already mentioned. The second is that if I want to make a change to the registration type, but preserve the original start date (just to be able to look back and see what it was later on), I can't do so if it was in a previous year.

I haven't attempted to fix this yet, but I'll start working on that now. :)
shimrah

Re: EditRegistrationType page - previous year not available

Postby shimrah » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:20 am

Ooh, that was easy.

In \templates\registration\registrationTypeForm.tpl :

Code: Select all
<tr valign="top">
   <td class="label">{fieldLabel name="openDate" required="true" key="manager.registrationTypes.form.openDate"}</td>
   <td class="value">
      {html_select_date prefix="openDate" time=$openDate all_extra="class=\"selectMenu\"" start_year="+0" end_year=$dateExtentFuture}
   </td>
</tr>

change start_year="+0" to start_year="-1"

Okay, so that was a small one. But it's made my life easier. :)
shimrah

Return to OCS Development