OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

EditRegistrationType page - previous year not available

OCS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page. While these are OJS-specific, the OCS codebase is similar enough to OJS they should be of help. There is also an [url=http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation[/url]OCS Documentation[/url] page with some more general documentation that might also be of interest.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OCS Technical Support subforum.

EditRegistrationType page - previous year not available

Postby shimrah » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:10 am

Just a small bug to report...

I started a conference site in November of 2007 for a conference that will take place April 10-12. There are several "Early Bird" registration types that expire on February 27th, 2008, and the "normal pricing" types then kick in.

It is now February of 2008. If I try to go into the Edit Registration Type screen, the start date of the type is listed as "November 15, 2008", although it SHOULD be "November 15, 2007". But if I ignore this and try to update a different field, then hit Save, I get an error:

Code: Select all
 Errors occurred processing this form:
    * The open date for this registration type must come before the close date.

The problem here is that the form won't display a previous year for the start date. This has two consequences. The first is the one I've already mentioned. The second is that if I want to make a change to the registration type, but preserve the original start date (just to be able to look back and see what it was later on), I can't do so if it was in a previous year.

I haven't attempted to fix this yet, but I'll start working on that now. :)
shimrah

Re: EditRegistrationType page - previous year not available

Postby shimrah » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:20 am

Ooh, that was easy.

In \templates\registration\registrationTypeForm.tpl :

Code: Select all
<tr valign="top">
   <td class="label">{fieldLabel name="openDate" required="true" key="manager.registrationTypes.form.openDate"}</td>
   <td class="value">
      {html_select_date prefix="openDate" time=$openDate all_extra="class=\"selectMenu\"" start_year="+0" end_year=$dateExtentFuture}
   </td>
</tr>

change start_year="+0" to start_year="-1"

Okay, so that was a small one. But it's made my life easier. :)
shimrah

Return to OCS Development