OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

install mysql error: 1214

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

install mysql error: 1214

Postby rajani » Tue May 31, 2005 8:43 pm

I keep getting the following error when I try to install ocs 1.1.5

An error occurred creating the tables. Error 1214: The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes

What should I do.

Thanks.
rajani

Re: install mysql error: 1214

Postby Alistair » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:36 pm

Hi Rajani,

I am trying to re-install OCS and am getting the same error.
rajani wrote:
An error occurred creating the tables. Error 1214: The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes

I thought I would reply so as to let you know that it isn't just you.

I am thinking that this may besome problem with MySQL set up, which I have changed also. I will have a look and if it is fixes the problem let you know.

Alistair
JCU
Townsville
Australia
Alistair

Postby kevin » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:36 pm

If the default table type of your MySQL server is anything other than MyISAM, you may need to add "TYPE = MyISAM" to the end of each of the CREATE TABLE statements in install.php
kevin

Thanks but not a fix

Postby Alistair » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:30 pm

Hi Kevin,

kevin wrote:If the default table type of your MySQL server is anything other than MyISAM, you may need to add "TYPE = MyISAM" to the end of each of the CREATE TABLE statements in install.php

My default tables are ISAM so that doesn't seem to be the issue. I think it has something to do with the use of FULLTEXT as an index in the papers table. I am not sure why.

The statements for creating the papers table seem to be the only ones causing a problem.

What works is to comment out the lines which use fulltext(foo). To me this means that $db_enable_fulltext is TRUE but there is something wrong with the syntax of the fulltext indexing statements or the create statement for the papers table is wrong in some way.

Anyway, I set OCS up this way last time and it ran with no problems so I think I'll try that again. I am using an Apache server this time so hopefully I won't have to make any changes to the cookies stuff.

Cheers

Alistair
Alistair

Return to OCS Technical Support