OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Study for beginner, Cache and ADODB

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

Study for beginner, Cache and ADODB

Postby andy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:35 am

hi, alec

sorry for bothering you about this. I realized that i'm still beginner for profesional PHP programing, so i want to know about the Cache and ADODB in this harvester2. what is the cache and ADODB?
What is the function of cache and ADODB classes in this harvester? and what happen if we erased this folders or script?

when i open folder "_db" and "t_compile" in folder cache, there are many folders that unable to read. what are they?
also "adodb" and "smarty" in forlder lib, i want to know and learn about this.

Can you help me.
Thanks for the replies.
andy

Re: Study for beginner, Cache and ADODB

Postby asmecher » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:50 am

Hi Andy,

ADODB and Smarty are two open-source libraries that we use; you can find information on them at http://adodb.sourceforge.net and http://smarty.php.net, respectively. t_compile and _db are both used for caching to improve performance. The t_compile directory and its contents are managed by Smarty, and the _db directory and its contents are managed by ADODB. You'll find information on each project's caching capabilities at the respective project's website.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Study for beginner

Postby andy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:15 am

when i was looking for source code, i find script "mail" in the folder classes. what is that ? and how i can use that?
i can't help myself from technical reference, about this "mail" function.
someone can help me?
andy

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development