OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Bad coding issue again: import/export plug-in

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Bad coding issue again: import/export plug-in

Postby tky » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:02 am

Hi, OJS team:

After fixed the email bad encoding in utf-8 by install php extension, I have found another coding issue in OJS system.
This time is about the import/export plug-in. I would export all my users into a xml file. The file came out in my FF browser, but the names and informations in Chinese are all bad codes. They all looked like this:
Code: Select all
<user>
<username>trftky</username>
<password>....</password>
<first_name>測試��</first_name>
<last_name>Test Author</last_name>
<email>....</email>
<role type="manager"/>
<role type="reviewer"/>
<role type="author"/>
<role type="reader"/>
</user>

I have tried to transform them into a recognizable format by ConverZ program, but it still not worked in utf-8 or big5....etc. formats.

So I came here again, hope you can give some help.
Thanks a lot.

TKY
tky

Re: Bad coding issue again: import/export plug-in

Postby asmecher » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:58 am

Hi TKY,

A few questions to help pin down the problem: What version of OJS are you using? Have you made any modifications to it? And when you go to that user's Profile page (or edit their profile as Journal Manager), are the names displayed correctly?

If you've recently changed your database connection parameters, it may be necessary to restart your web server, as persistent connections with the old configuration may still be affecting you.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby tky » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:31 am

Hi, Alec:

I am sorry about my reply just so lately. This is due to my lazy and constructing work of OJS site of my journal.

The bad coding problem on import/export member information plug-in still there. To solve that, I guess maybe I should start to provide some useful information to you at first.

What version of OJS are you using? ----It is latest version
    Have you made any modifications to it? ----I translated it into Chinese but do nothing to it's codes structure.
    And when you go to that user's Profile page (or edit their profile as Journal Manager), are the names displayed correctly?------------the answer is "yes", only exported XML page coding in bad characters.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thank you

TKY
tky

Postby asmecher » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:47 am

Hi TKY,

Could you try disabling the "charset_normalization" option in config.inc.php? Once this is done, try the export again and see if the behavior has changed.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support