OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Change Body of Email

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Re: Change Body of Email

Postby asmecher » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:55 pm

Hi Trudy,

Regarding the website go-live date being included rather than the conference start date, there's a patch at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3192.

The reason you're not able to access the Editor's page while logged in as a Journal Manager is that this user doesn't have an Editor role. Both can of course be assigned to the same account. Typically, when debugging problems, I make heavy use of the Journal Manager's "Log In As..." feature to temporarily impersonate users if they're having difficulties.

Finally, regarding the email subject not working as expected, try the patch at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3193. (The two patches mentioned here affect different lines in the same block of code, so you may need to apply one manually, even though they don't technically conflict.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby tshore » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:15 am

The first patch didn't work for me. My conference is set to start on July 16, 2008, but this:

121618-07-31

is what now appears as {$conferenceDate}.

The 2nd patch for the subject line worked fine.
tshore

Postby asmecher » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:08 pm

Hi Trudy,

Hmm -- I'm assuming you applied the patch against OCS 2.0, not the one against the CVS version? Could you check your database to see what the following query returns:
Code: Select all
SELECT sched_conf_id, setting_value FROM sched_conf_settings WHERE setting_name = 'startDate';
If you're running multiple scheduled conferences, it might be worth finding out which result you want by checking the IDs against this list by path:
SELECT c.conference_id, c.path, sc.sched_conf_id, sc.path FROM conferences c, sched_confs sc WHERE sc.conference_id = c.conference_id;
Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby tshore » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:54 am

1, 2008-7-16 00:00:00
tshore

Postby asmecher » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:02 pm

Hi Trudy,

Odd -- maybe this is a platform issue? What does the modified line of classes/submission/trackDirector/TrackDirectorAction.inc.php look like? It should be near line 1330, and look like:
'conferenceDate' => date('Y-m-d', strtotime($schedConf->getSetting('startDate'))),
If it does, try running the following PHP to see if it's a platform issue, and post the output here:
<?php

echo date('Y-m-d', strtotime('2008-7-16 00:00:00')) . "\n";

?>
Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby tshore » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:17 am

Line 1328 is identical to what you've shown here.

Here is the output from php line you asked me to run:

2008-07-16

System info:

Linux
Apache 2.0
PHP 5.0.4
MySQL 4.1.12

If you need more:

http://imrf.mcmaster.ca/phpinfo.php
tshore

Postby asmecher » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:59 pm

Hi Trudy,

I'll need a bit more info than that last query gave -- try this:
SELECT sched_conf_id, setting_value, setting_type FROM sched_conf_settings WHERE setting_name = 'startDate';
Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby tshore » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:38 am

sched_conf_id = 1
setting_value = 2008-7-16 00:00:00
setting_type = date
tshore

Postby asmecher » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:26 am

Hi Trudy,

Thanks, found it. There's an updated patch at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3192; the change involves removing the call to strtotime from the modified line.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby balkan » Thu May 05, 2011 10:07 am

Hi,
In the emails that we are sending to the authors we need to put the Paper Number (paper ID) which is given automatically to each abstract.
So, beside the Conference Name, Paper Title as additional information in the emails we need Paper Number (for example in the Directors email informing authors about acceptance of the abstract).

In the Prepared Emails which are already offered, I try to insert (as it is done for $paperTitle, $conferenceTitle and $locationCity), different possibilities like: $paper_id ; $paper_ID ; $paper.IP; $paper.id ; $paperId ; .... ; but I did not find solution.

Please, can you help me in this subject.

Regards,
balkan

Postby jmacgreg » Fri May 06, 2011 4:01 pm

Hi balkan,

Are you sure {$paperId} doesn't work? Can you tell us exactly how you tried to invoke this, and in which prepared email?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby olivija » Sat May 07, 2011 4:16 pm

Hi,

I have tried once more with the same variable {$paperId} but again the result is not good.
I have made edit of the SUBMISSION ACK email template and in the body of the email I have inserted this variable {$paperId}.
As a result, in the email that authors receive there is only {$paperId} without having their Paper Number.
Please let me know if I have to do something more to have the number of the paper in the emails that we sent to authors and also to the reviewers.

Thanks a lot,
Olivija
olivija

Postby balkan » Sun May 08, 2011 3:50 am

Dear James,

In Conference Management, in the part of Prepared Emails I have edited SUBMISSION ACK template, and I have integrated {$paperId} (see below). And again the authors can not see their Paper number, but only the text: {$paperId}
I thing this is the case with all emails templates.
Please let me know if I have to do something more than this one ?????
Thanks a lot,
Olivija

{$authorName}:

Thank you for your submission, in {$trackName} , "{$paperTitle}" to {$conferenceName} 2012. Please remember your Paper number {$paperId} .
You will be able to track its progress through the editorial process by logging in to the conference web site:
Submission URL: {$submissionUrl}
You can make changes on your abstract and send new one until the date of closing abstract submission 2011-10-3
Username: {$authorUsername}
If you have any questions, please contact us. Thank you for considering this conference as a venue for your work.
{$editorialContactSignature}
balkan

Postby balkan » Sun May 08, 2011 3:56 am

I forget to mention that I am using OCS 2331.
Thanks
balkan

Postby jmacgreg » Tue May 10, 2011 3:54 pm

Hi Olivija,

Hrm, this seems to be working for me. Can you doublecheck that classes/submission/trackDirector/TrackDirectorAction.inc.php has the following line in it, around line 100:
 'paperId' => $trackDirectorSubmission->getId(),

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

PreviousNext

Return to OCS Technical Support