OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

CSS problem

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

CSS problem

Postby eXcer » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:17 pm

Hi there!

I'm having a little problem with OJS common.css file. I already have an edited CSS file uploaded on the server working great, but I've made some changes and I can't manage to see those changes after updating the CSS.

I've already made the upload of the new CSS through the Journals Setup/The Look menu, deleted the old CSS and uploaded the new one, cleared the browser's cache and even the data/template cache from the server and still wasn't able to see the new changes made on the layout! I've used the same CSS file I've edited on the VMWARE installation that I run on my notebook (to test stuff before change them on the real server). Curiously, the new CSS works great on the VMWARE OJS instalation... :S

Any tips about what could be problem? Many thanks in advance! :)
eXcer

Re: CSS problem

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:38 pm

Hi eXcer,

A few quick questions --

Are the two OJS versions you have running the same? Which version(s) are they?
Are you receiving any error messages when you upload?
Can you check any page source and see if there's a stylesheet link near the top to "journalpath/public/journals/2/journalStyleSheet.css"; and if you look at that file, is it the one you've uploaded?

Thanks,
James
jmacgreg

Re: CSS problem

Postby eXcer » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:54 pm

Hi jmacgreg! :)

jmacgreg wrote:Are the two OJS versions you have running the same? Which version(s) are they?

Yes, they're both version 2.1.1.0 and running on different machines.

jmacgreg wrote:Are you receiving any error messages when you upload?

No, the upload seems to be done properly.

jmacgreg wrote:Can you check any page source and see if there's a stylesheet link near the top to "journalpath/public/journals/2/journalStyleSheet.css"; and if you look at that file, is it the one you've uploaded?

I changed just a character on the new CSS file, uploaded it and after checking the CSS (using the link that appears on the CSS upload section), it appears to be the old one, not the one uploaded! Could it be some sort of cache problem on the server?

Thanks for the help! 8)
eXcer

Return to OJS Technical Support