OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Unable to import issues into OJS

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Unable to import issues into OJS

Postby LeeB » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:15 pm

Hi,

I am unable to import issues into OJS using the XML import/export plugin , when ever i try i get the following error:

Code: Select all
Notice: Undefined index: importFile in /usr/local/apps/apache/htdocs/homepages/ojsbacit/classes/file/FileManager.inc.php on line 95

Fatal error: Call to a member function getFilePath() on a non-object in /usr/local/apps/apache/htdocs/homepages/ojsbacit/plugins/importexport/native/NativeImportExportPlugin.inc.php on line 137

A quick search turned up nothing on this topic but is it a problem with checking the XML against the DTD ? The issues seem to Export ok
LeeB

Re: Unable to import issues into OJS

Postby asmecher » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:56 pm

Hi Lee,

Are file uploads enabled and set in your php.ini? Also check the size limits there, both upload and POST request size, to make sure the file isn't too big to upload. (There is also a POST limit in Apache's configuration sometimes as well.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby LeeB » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:17 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply , i checked all of the files and settings that you suggested and every thing exceeded the size of the files I am working with.

Is there any thing else that you can think of ?

Thank you
LeeB

Postby asmecher » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:48 pm

Hi LeeB,

Have you uploaded anything to the OJS site successfully before (e.g. CSS files, submissions, logos, etc.)? If not, it's probably a general upload problem, such as file permissions or POST limits. As Journal Manager, try uploading a file in the Files Browser (any file of a reasonable size will do). If that works, let me know and I'll suggest what else to try.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby LeeB » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:01 pm

Hi,

Thanks once again for the reply , we are able to upload things onto the site, no problem we were able to create an entire issue and publish it very easily. I have also tried to upload via the file browser and that was successful,

Thanks,
LeeB

Postby asmecher » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:20 pm

Hi Lee,

Odd. Before I investigate further, what version of OJS are you using, and have you modified it?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby LeeB » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:26 pm

Hi Alec,

We are using ojs version 2.1.1.0 and it is unmodified

thanks
LeeB

Postby asmecher » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:39 pm

Hi Lee,

Is the import document especially large? Have you tried uploading the import document via the Files Browser to see if file size is a problem? If none of these is the problem, could you email me the import document directly?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby LeeB » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:45 pm

Hi ,

I have tried to import the file using the file borwser and that doesnt work either. When Importing the issue i get a standard 'This page cannot be displayed' error page from IE (pressing F5 brings up the orignal error message posted above) and a 'Connection was Reset' error page form Firefox.

The issue that I am trying to import is not especially big , only 1.27mb and well within the POST request size and POST limit in Apache.

can you pm me an email address because the one on the site doesnt work

Thanks once again,

Lee
LeeB

Postby asmecher » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:48 pm

Hi Lee,

If the file can't be uploaded via the Files Browser either, it's worth checking your PHP upload limits. As Site Admin, you can go to "System Information", find "Extended PHP Information" at the bottom of the page, and check the values for upload_max_filesize and post_max_size limits. If you've got a 1.27 meg file, a POST limit of 3 megs should be plenty -- but anything below that might be too small.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support